Sunday, February 14, 2010

Finally a Final, My First Multi-Table Experience, Progress Part II

If you haven't read it yet, please check out Wow, a Tiring Morning, Progress Part I



Starting Bankroll: $5.14. Forget the Hutchinson Point System (though will incorporate with Other strategy). Back to usual play. Joined one table, and no cards, thought I would do the multi-table thing. Joined a new game. Now, have only $4.94 left.

In my first game, the cards started to come, non-busted AA, JJ, QQ, etc. The second game was a waste of 10 cents (lol). I had a break of about 20 minutes to sit and study, which brought me out the "PokerStars is out to Get Me (or my 10 cents) Mode".

In my second game, I did hit it with AA, and doubled. But pairs of 77 were my downfall. Jumping between tables, thought I had straight when only had set, and other player with 10-6 off (what are you doing in there anyway?) made the straight.

Not learning my lesson (and Pokerstars is out to get me), the next hand was pocket 77s. Short stack goes all in, I call and someone else calls. I have second best on flop (828), and bet, get called by 10-9 suited, whom makes a straight on river (the ole runner, runner). Short stack had QQ, and makes full house on river. Hero (me), left with 600 chips, and blinds at 100. Final hand, my 2 pair gets crushed by flush, but hey, no chips to back them down.

My conclusion, I don't play as well yet to multitable in turbos. Stay away from 77 (Even though was best until river, but they will chase).

Yuck from that experience, finished 168th place.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 18 hands and saw flop:
- 1 out of 2 times while in big blind (50%)
- 1 out of 2 times while in small blind (50%)
- 4 out of 14 times in other positions (28%)
- a total of 6 out of 18 (33%)
Pots won at showdown - 2 of 5 (40%)
Pots won without showdown - 0





However, my AA double up continued on the first game. I made it to the final (up and down during the in the money stage). Finished 6th, for 1.70. Game improved after I quit the other. I've played many tourney's and many finals, so was glad to be back. I made a donk call on the end (but the blinds are so huge at this time, 6k plus antes), I got it in there with an open ender that didn't make it. My stats are more reasonable also.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 119 hands and saw flop:
- 8 out of 14 times while in big blind (57%)
- 7 out of 18 times while in small blind (38%)
- 14 out of 87 times in other positions (16%)
- a total of 29 out of 119 (24%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 14 (57%)
Pots won without showdown - 8


My ROI since I started the challenge is now 85%. I seem to be cashing every 6 games (woulda been 6 if I hadn't opened that other game). I now have profit of $1.10, and the ole bankroll is at 6.64. All around pleased (Oh well, may try that multitable again, if it produces AA lol).



I feel vindicated, and there's more grinding to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment