Saturday, February 13, 2010

On with the Challenge, PokerStars Site

Well, I started today with $5.64. My current graph prior to starting play is:



For my first few games, I am trying out the Hutchinson Point system, located at this Page: Hutchison Point System - Starting Hand Values.

What I learned in the first tourney, there are very few hands at the 30+ level to work with.

So 1st game, running bad, no playable hand till blinds at 150, had QQ, chips stack 1295, guy next to me had KK.

If I had called a raise with AJ off, in mid position, and the flop was QKQ, and chased like the guy who kept betting with A10 off, woulda made a straight on river.

However, Stars PRNG being what it is, who knows what would have happened if I was on the flop.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 19 hands and saw flop:
- 1 out of 2 times while in big blind (50%)
- 0 out of 3 times while in small blind (0%)
- 1 out of 14 times in other positions (7%)
- a total of 2 out of 19 (10%)
Pots won at showdown - 0 of 1 (0%)
Pots won without showdown - 0


Finished in Position 145.



On to the second game. This one showed a little promise, but short stacked, got lucky by going all in with 98o. NOT the optimal strategy. The object of the low level Multitable study is playing in this game. Looks like he made the final on this one.

Break after only one hand, in which I folded Q8 Suited. Later, doubled up when someone slow played their three kings, had pocket 88s, and hit the 8 on the river. Limped in with K10 suited, and lost a little money, due to the flop, turn and river scenario. But the final blow, had over 15k in chips, had AKo on the button, raised, and called an all in (he had bigger stack, and AJ off). J hits flop, and no help to me, so out in 48th place (don't know if I would have played that hand any differently, even had I known I was that close to the money).

So out in 48th place, while multi table guy still up high. My nemesis from the previous hand earned another 16k+ additional chips with 26 off in the small blind (no fear this guy), to close the table.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 51 hands and saw flop:
- 4 out of 6 times while in big blind (66%)
- 3 out of 7 times while in small blind (42%)
- 6 out of 38 times in other positions (15%)
- a total of 13 out of 51 (25%)
Pots won at showdown - 4 of 6 (66%)
Pots won without showdown - 6


Got more cards this session, so looks like played more hands.

Current Bankroll, $5.44. (Milestone hand, the 1 million kind, was hit while I was at one of these tourneys, in a .05/.10 no limit game).

Taking break now, back to report later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment